The tradition in our house is that Friday is pizza night! I’ve always wanted to add almond meal to our pizza crust and replace it with some of the conventional flours. That way a little more protein and wholesome goodness is added back in. I have been playing around with this recipe and I think I finally have it nailed. When the kids eat the crust, it must be pretty darn good. You should be able to find all these ingredients organic.
Whole Grain Dough w/Flax:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds (pre milled in coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cups of TJ Almond Meal.
- 2 1/2 cups of Bread Flour
- OPTIONAL but super yummy: 1 Tbs dried basil, oregano, thyme and/or Italian seasoning with the flour. (I tend to do garlic and/or oregano)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 l/2 teaspoons regular active dry yeast OR 2 l/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or quick-acting active dry yeast