Well I never grew up on Brussels sprouts so I have no idea how to cook them. We have been getting them in our CSA box and I have just been throwing them in the blender for smoothies. Sherry found this great roasted recipe and they were just yummy.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbs balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine brussels sprouts and next 3 ingredients on a pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine balsamic glaze and 1 teaspoon water. Drizzle evenly over Brussels sprouts.
I think quartering them would just improve this great dish.